LCC Worker Benefit Plans

Home | Contact Us | Site Map

Serving Those Who Serve
Link to Here's the Buzz Link to Links to Stuff Link to Who Will Listen? Link to My Parent Works for an LCC Church or School
Picture of a man with a briefcase
My parent works for an LCC church or school.

My Parent Works for an LCC Church or School

Sometimes we need help coping with problems in our lives. Always start by talking to someone you know you can trust… your parents, your Pastor, a trusted adult, or a good friend. If you find that you just can’t get someone to listen or that you simply can’t find it in yourself to share your problem with someone you know, there is a confidential counselling service available to you if your parent works for an LCC Church or School. This service is called “The Employee Assistance Program” or EAP for short and its network is made up of experienced, professional Counselors, Psychologists, Social Workers and Specialists who are ready to assist in issues such as:

  • stress at school or at home;
  • bullying;
  • relationships (with parents, friends or others);
  • depression and suicide;
  • drugs, alcohol and smoking;
  • weight, nutrition, and personal health issues;
  • career counselling;
  • staying safe at home alone;
  • babysitting

Remember to ask for a Christian Counselor!

It’s important to know that your parent may not even be aware of this service that’s available to them and you through their health plan. Tell them about it and you may find that they will encourage you to call.

The EAP service also offers a whole bunch of other things which may be helpful like packaged information, educational material, website listings and books on many subjects that affect your health and well-being. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

To access these services contact EAP Canada at 1-800-268-5211 or for more information go to: Shepell fgi



Disclaimer | Privacy Policy