LCC Worker Benefit Plans

Home | Contact Us | Site Map

Serving Those Who Serve
Link to Forms Link to Rates Link to Who to Enroll Link to Treasurer's Information Link to Links Link to FAQs Link to Resources
Picture of five adults jumping
Arrow Do all workers of a participating employer have to be enrolled?
Arrow Can we enroll our workers in the Pension Plan but not in the Group Benefits Program?
Arrow More FAQs

Billing and Payments | Electronic Payments | Staff | T4 reporting


Pastors, deacons, teachers, church secretaries, and other church workers rely on you and the Worker Benefits Plans for timely and accurate administration. Together, we can work to ensure we enhance the lives of those who serve the church.

Who Needs to be Enrolled in the Benefit Plans?

  1. Your Full-Time Workers – Those who work more than 24 hours per week need to be enrolled in the LCC Pension and Group Benefits.
  2. Your Part-Time Workers – Those who work less than 24 hours per week need to be enrolled in the LCC Pension plan only (except for Saskatchewan). For further details, please refer to the Who To Enroll section of the website.

Have a Notification of New Hire form completed for each of the eligible employees, this also includes those employees transferring from another participating LCC employer.

Are Family Members Also Covered?

All workers must be enrolled in the Worker Benefit Plans as either single (member only) or family (member with dependents). Each worker must register each of his/her eligible dependents. If the worker has coverage elsewhere (eg. spouse’s plan) they may opt out of the health and dental portion of the plan.

Your worker’s eligible dependents qualify for coverage under certain LCC Worker Benefit Plans. Eligible dependents are defined as:

  1. Spouse - someone who is legally married through an ecclesiastical or civil ceremony or they are living in a common-law relationship (as defined by legislation in your province).
  2. Dependent Children
    1. Under age 21 and unmarried and if you provide 51% or more financial support.
    2. A student under age 26 attending an accredited school, college or university on a full-time basis and supported by the worker.
    3. Mentally or physically handicapped child who was covered up to the maximum age and will remain covered as long as that child is incapable of self-sustaining employment and totally dependent on the worker for support and maintenance.

A worker must register each of their eligible dependents when they are enrolled in the Worker Benefit Plans.

Reporting Changes

To ensure that you are being billed the correct amount, timely notification of any changes to your employee’s status is essential. It is very important to report any changes as soon as possible to the plan administrator - Ellement. Some changes that affect employer billing and/or benefit coverage of the employee are:

  • Salary change
  • New employee
  • Termination of employment (including retirement, transfer, etc.)
  • Change of family status (eg. Marriage, birth of child, divorce, adoption, etc.)
  • Change of coverage under Health and Dental benefits (eg. Change in Spouse’s plan)

Please notify the plan administrator - Ellement by completing a Request for Change Form indicating any of these changes or contact us for more information. Your next bill should reflect the change and adjustments will be made if necessary.


Get Adobe Reader

PDF files listed here require Adobe Acrobat Reader. To download the free Reader, click on the icon to reach the Adobe Acrobat website.


Disclaimer | Privacy Policy